If you don't have enough time to scrapbook all your children's memories, consider scrap booking important events in a mini album! Above you can see a mini album Clare Dempsey created with Art Glitter and Want2 Scrap to help her boys remember Vacation Bible School (VBS). Want2Scrap has great mini albums to choose from for those important events and Art Glitter has all you need to make your finishing touches sparkle and shine!
Here are some ideas for making magical mini albums:
1) Focus on the Highlights of the event.
For Clare's children, the highlights were Music, Snack, and Crafts! For music, Clare allowed two pages and made box for the music CD (see photos above). She used a free SVG from Penny Duncan Designs to cut her CD box. She also allowed two pages for crafts and snacks (see photos below).
While Bible Verses weren't Clare's boys highlights, Clare felt it was important to recall these as part of VBS memories. So she gave them two pages as well.
2) Use a paper collection to help support the event theme and unify your album design and color scheme. Here Clare used Close to My Heart's Giddy Up paper pack for the album and supplemented it with Authentic's Pride paper line and some neutrals.
3) Add some sparkle with Art Glitter to set your embellishments and finished project apart! Clare loved using the Art Glitter Earth Elements on this project! Just the right amount of sparkle and richness. She describes it as being more rich than glittered flocking! Pictures just don't do it justice and the smell of cacao is fabulous! To glitter the edges of a folded rosette, be sure to fold and glue the rosette in place before adding glitter. If you add them before folding, it won't fold well.
4) Plan ahead-before the event plan what photos you want. You can even purchase a mini album, paper, embellishments and glitter ahead of time. If you are scrap booking VBS, go on Friday and you can get a summary of each of the day's bible verses on one day. Volunteer and you won't miss a thing!
5) Maximize Space-Use journaling labels and stamps to fill the white space in the mini and document those special memories! Clare also added a title tag, and put a quote and journaling tag on the back side to maximize space.
Close To My Heart Giddy Up Paper Pack
Close To My Heart Giddy Up Sticker Pack
Stickerpotomus Denim Alphabet
Miss Elizabeth Leather Alphabet
Cricut Old West Cartridge (Blue Glittered Bible Verses)
Cricut George Basic Shapes Cartridge (Star)
Spellbinders scalloped rectangle dies
Tim Holtz Rosette die
Cloud 9 Designs Simple Thoughts Boys Stamp Set (Memory Quote)
Fiskars Lil' Davis Designs Sentiments (Journaling block & circles)
K & Company Blue Awning Journal Pad label
K & Company Brenda Walton Peppermint Twist Paper (red and white gingham paper)
Metal Concho JoAnn Fabrics
Assorted Card Stock
Basic Grey Alphabet Stickers (1-5 on Bible Verses pg)