background

Monday, June 20, 2011

Loving Robin's Nest Products & Design Team Tryout!








While keeping up on my paper addiction, I came across a new product line called Robin's Nest! And to my delight, they had an open call for their design team! So, I checked out their website and loved their products!




Here is a fourth of July page I made up with their paper and embellishments. I started with the back ground paper: Blue Stars on Red. I then cut a medallion using my SCAL 2 to look like a circle with patriotic bunting. I am sharing the svg HERE. To the medallion, I added some of the Robin's Nest Freedom Tear Drops.





I love the Robin's Nest Journalling Blocks! These two are is in the Glittering Blue Journalling Kit. I used one to mat my title, "Independence" Day, which is cut from Robin's Nest: America Words paper.






I also used the White Glitter Card stock, Silver Dot in my rectangle in the center, and their Canada Stripe Glitter card stock too! Finishing details are the Robin's Nest blue & silver glitter fireworks, I paper rosette, covered with a stamp by My Mind's Eye, Stella Rose: Gertie "Girly" Stamps, a button and more the Robin's Nest Tear Drops in Red!





For a fun pop of color and to reinforce the patriotic theme I added them to the journalling block. Silver letters are K & Co.

You can visit the Robin's Nest Blog here and see more of their items and be inspired. I also made a card to submit for the Gallery Star at Paper Crafts Magazine. It's my understanding that the submission for their contest may not be published elsewhere, so if you would like to see how I used my Robin's Nest paper you can see the photo in the Gallery Star Flicker Group Here. I used the Canada Stripe Robin's Nest Paper, Cricut Beyond Birthday's cartridge, and My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Flower Girl Stamp. To make my girl more patriotic, I punched the stars out with a paper punch and made her flower into a flag using the Cricut Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake banner. I colored the banner with the stripes and added the star with a scrap of paper and the same paper punch. I drew her hat to look like a sailor's hat and added the stripe detail like the stamp and the star.

11 comments:

  1. Great JOB! love your project thanks for your submission for the Robins Nest Design team...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this card!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Clara, and I love the bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project, thanks for your submission for the Robin's Nest Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an AMAZING layout Clare!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [21 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!! Beautiful layout!! Thanks for the file!!
    Denise in WA
    www.rndhud6.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Clare...
    Just love all the details you put on this layout. Beautifu. TFS.
    Hugs -- Tenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [22 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Fourth of July - Red, White, and Blue post on Jun. 21, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing layout! Soooo many gorgeous details, good luck with the DT call.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails