background

Monday, December 26, 2011

Black and White Christmas Elegance




When I saw the Case Study Challenge #70, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it: scrap book my sisters Christmas card! The inspiration card from the Case Study challenge has such black and white elegance (2nd photo), with a touch of teal and my sisters card had the same color scheme! I made this my own, by adding the deep red to the color scheme, and love the results (top photo)!
To get started, I pulled out my Cricut Imagine and my Damask Decor cartridge and worked in the Cricut Craft Room to make a beautiful circular motif in the print only mode. I can get the look of the Teresa Collin's Black and White Cartridge, with the Damask Decor cartridge, the Imagine and CCR while I wait for the cartridge to fit into the budget. I then stamped some snowflakes with Gelatin Fancy Flakes - Big set around the Damask Decor image.
I loved the rosette inspired poinsettia I made for one of my Christmas cards and had to make another to go into a scrapbook! This one has another vintage button center, a beautiful glass button in black and gold! The rosette and the red paisley motif are both cut from The Robin's Nest Red Paisley paper.
The grey snowflake border is Martha Stewart Skyward Snowflake punch. I used the same punch to make the round snowflake at the top of the embellishments, just punching two of the sides opposite each other.
The teal and grey snowflake is Cricut When it's Cold Outside cartridge, embellished with The Robin's Nest Cotton Candy Dew Drops. The silver doily is Wilton. The back flower, with white details is a Stampin Up Rubon embellished with some rain drop stickers from Cloud9 Designs. I love this little folk art look!
The black and white stripe paper is Basic Grey. The teal polka dot stripe is made with Coordinations paper and the Cuttlebug Swiss dot folder.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you really made your tools work hard to create this wonderful way to save a treasured card. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is stunning, I adore the details...hope you have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm drooling over that poinsettia!!! So much fabulous dimension!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo! Love your creative take on the inspiration card! Fabulous way to feature the Christmas card photo! Thanks for playing along with the CASE Study challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how BEAUTIFUL!!!!! This just pops off the page!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails