background

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

August with Anna Day 17: Inspired by Memories of Mom

Family lore has it that my Mother put out the flag on the first day back to school.  Since it is my children's first day back to school, I thought I might make a project in red white and blue and defend my Mom!
Yes, she had 11 children, and the first day back to school was a celebration for her, but she had more to be thankful for, more of a reason to be putting out the flag:  VJ Day!  My Father served in the second world war along with his two brothers and many relatives, friends and his generation.  My Mother lived through this war and I believe she put out the flag on VJ day on several years and it just so happened to fall on the first day of school.  Along with a great sense of patriotism, my family loves to tease and make jokes.  And so, our family lore may always have a story of the national holiday known as the First Day of School, but I know Mom was thankful for the many who served and the victory they won!
So for this 1st day of school page, I got my color theme from Mom, and I got the sketch from Creative Scrappers August Challenge #297.  K and Company Americana Snow Globe Stickers  The circle globe motif was purchased from The Cut Shoppe on Etsy.  I used my Cricut Explore to change the color and make it a print and cut image.  So, I am entering the challenge and really enjoying these blogs!  I will be visiting for more images to cut too!

Supplies
Anna Griffin Sweet Salutations Pop Up Card Kit (patriotic bunting)
Oh the Places You'll Go from The Cut Shoppe on Etsy
Let Freedom Ring by Pebbles paper (star paper)
K and Company Americana Snow Globe Stickers (Star with tail sticker)
Stars Cut with Cricut

2 comments:

  1. What a awesome layout and love the story behind it!! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fabulous Clare! thank you so much for playing with us ;))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails