background

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Faux Folk Art with Cricut and Copic Markers

 


I have been obsessing over folk art painting on Pinterest this week and have been wanting to try this look with my Cricut.  So, last night I gave it a try and hope you like my results as much as I do.  



Here is the inspiration folk art piece and the link.

I started with Cricut and cut a dark blue folk art image from the Paper Lace 2 Cartridge.  I cut the light blue doily from Anna's Spendid Soirees and hit most of the cuts except the outside row.  The sentiment is also Anna Griffin.  I cut a plain white circle to back up the folk art cut.  The dark blue leaves are cut from card stock.  I used Copic markers, and a white colored pencil to color and then finished off with some Stickles, and The Robin's Nest Dew Drops.  


To color the flowers and get them they way I wanted I used my Cricut Bright pad.  I placed the dark blue on the bottom, placed the white paper on top and taped it using some low tack tape.  Then I colored with the Copics and went a little outside the lines.  I flipped this over when done coloring, so that the blue was on top and the white on the bottom.  


The borders are created with SU border punches.  And the light blue strip at the bottom with the blue pattern was made with an SU stamp set.  I borrowed this stamp years ago at a crop and had this piece in my scrap stash.

Copics used BV00, V09m V04, B21, B32, B34, and B66. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails