background

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tiny Touchs Make a Page

This is my last post on this term with The Robin's Nest and today I am sharing how tiny touches can make a page.  Now you may look at this page and think that I have spent too much time on the tiny touches, but scrap booking and paper crafting are about enjoying the creative process as much as preserving precious memories!  And there are many among us that like more than one craft, so why not use your favorite crafts on your paper projects!
I love the relaxing rhythm of crochet, but often find Afghans too time consuming.  So, once in a while I like to pull out my crochet hooks and use them on a page.  I put this page together in one evening.
I started by cutting a circle frame in The Robin's Nest Black Herringbone card stock and punching holes every 1/4 of an inch in the center.  I then blanket stitched around these holes.  You will need a foundation for your crochet to attach to your project and a blanket stitch is perfect for a foundation that won't rip your paper!  I used Timeless Twine and love the size of the hanks of twine.  They are perfect for this type of project!  I began crocheting with a chain stitch of three and attached them to my blanket stitch at every other blanket stitch.  For the second row, I again chained three stitches attaching them at the center stitch of my first row with a single crochet.  This embellishment is perfect for heritage pages, and a baby projects!
I cut my title using The Robin's Nest Silver Glitter Chipboard, with Cricut Close to My Heart Artiste cartridge.  I matted it on black card stock so that it pops off the page.
The background paper is Tropicana Fleur and I fussy cut the motif to tuck my embellished circle behind.  I love the Fleur paper so much that is hard to cover up the botanical goodness!  I added a row of black Diamond Dew Drops to get the look of a clock and added some fussy cut circles from The Robin's Nest Black and White Clock card stock.  The journaling block is also from The Robin's Nest.  I tied it with a bit more of the Timeless twine for a notebook border effect and to repeat it on the page. Can you see that I put a dew drop in the center of my vintage button to repeat the silver.  Don't you love this yellow, black, grey silver color scheme?!


Supplies
Monamigabby flower
Timeless Twine
The Robin's Nest Fleur/Stripe Tropicana
The Robin's Nest Black and White Clock Card Stock
The Robin's Nest Black Herringbone Card Stock
The Robin's Nest Black and Orange Jouraling
The Robin's Nest Cotton Candy Dew Drops
The Robin's Nest Classified Mini Dew Drops
The Robin's Nest Silver Glitter Chipboard
White Card Stock
Black Card Stock
Needle
Crochet Hook
Buttons
Cricut Artiste Cartridge


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails