background

Monday, December 28, 2015

#CircularBargello with Dohene Ruler

I have a new niece  and wanted to make her a baby quilt.  I don't often quilt, but when I do, I love a baby quilt for color and size!  I have been wanting to make a circular Bargello and when I heard I was to be an Aunt, I got started.  My sister loaned me the Doheny Circular Bargello Rulers.  I purchased to jelly rolls by Moda in the Bandana Floral fabric. 
 
A big thank you to my sister Marge for letting me quilt this on her long arm and helping me with the white corner piece quilting.  I really struggled to do squiggles and hearts.  So, I quilted the circle portion and she quilted the corners and the center medallion.
For the white ground in the side corners, I found a ditzy print with tiny hearts.  To help repeat the hearts, we quilted it with a random squiggle with hearts in it.   We also, used a heart in the purple center.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails