background

Saturday, December 19, 2015

@Cricut Christmas Ornaments

I love when my creative work matches a challenge at Bitten by the Bug 2!  This week I am making ornaments for co workers with my A Child's Year Cartridge.  For my co workers with grand children I used children silhouettes from A Child's Year and in the photo below you will see poor photos of  other ornaments made with A Child's Year and Nursery Rhymes.  Don't forget you can add two images together to get the right amount of children for your ornament!  And if you make an ornament for more than 5 children, try cutting two images and placing pop dots between them.  Show some one each side of the ornament to complete the family!
A comment on the glitter I used for snow...I recommend the Art Glitter Faux snow OVER Martha Stewarts glitter!  I was running low on my AG Faux snow and decided to try Martha's, as I can purchase it locally and was in a hurry.  Martha's glitter clings to the inside of the globe (notice the fuzzy photo).  The Art Glitter snow laid softly on the bottom of the globe and let the Cricut cut shine through (I used only AG in the ornament in the tree photo and it was the best!).  I used the Art Glitter Sticky sheet to cut the three girls with my Cricut and used the Ultra fine glitter on them.  To add some stability to the children and keep the glitter in place while assembling the ornament, I cut a circle of transparency paper from Art Glitter.  I stamped a delicate snowflake on them with white ink, but it is hard to see in the photo.  The photo never does your work justice, does it?

Supplies
Cricut A Child's Year Cartridge (3 girls ornament)
Cricut Nursery Rhymes Cartridge (5 and 6 children ornament)
Cricut CTMH Artiste Cartridge (Tree in 5 children ornament)
Art Glitter Faux Snow
Art Glitter 373 Fairy Dust Ultra Fine Transparent Glitter
Art Glitter Transparency Sheets
Art Glitter Sticky Small Sheet
Martha Stewart Glitter
CTMH White Water Based Ink
Inkadinkadoo Snowflake stamp
Papertrey Ink Globe ornaments
White Ribbon
Hot Glue
Buttons (for the bottom of the ornaments)





3 comments:

  1. Your ornaments are beautiful. I just love your images inside the ornament. Fabulous idea to give for gifts! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi - Love your ornaments - the white on the clear is like a winter wonderland. thanks for joining our bbtb challenge.

    maureen
    moknowsallcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on winning the Project of the Week at BBTB2 - I am just in love with your children in the snow ornament. If you would like our Project of the Week Winner blinkie, contact me at mo_sala pacbell.net and I will get it to you. Congrats.....

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails