background

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

How to use Busy Patterned Paper for a Stunning Look



I have had Anna Griffin's Cream and Black patterned paper for awhile, but have struggled to figure out how to use it in a page.  When I saw Anna Griffin's blog post for using Gate Fold dies, I started to think about using it in a card. Then I recalled that sometimes the best rosettes are made with patterned paper and decided to use them on the arch pattern.  I lined my rosette die up with the pattern and using Anna's Magnetic plate was able to cut this so accurately!  I love the pattern created by making this rosette from patterned paper and the lacy look it adds!


I cut the gatefold in black metallic paper, and cut the inside pieces with some Anna Griffin black and cream patterned paper.  With all the sentiments from Anna Griffin Card kits I have, turns out I am out of sympathy sentiments.  So, I use Anna Griffin Lovely Layered Cards 2 Cricut and Anna's Elegant Embellishments Cartridges to print and cut my sentiments.  


The border detail is from one of Anna's Card Kits.  I am so addicted to these little strips!  They are the perfect die to add a finishing touch to a card or page!  In fact, I think that I would order them if they were sold alone!  I also cut some of the patterned stripe paper to make a belly band for the card, added some organza ribbon over it and put the rosette on the top with the sentiment in the center.  I off to make my first dimensional envelope to mail this, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails