background

Saturday, February 20, 2010

My 1st Cuttlebug Challenge Entry: Stitch-it-be-inspired



I have always thought that I would like to enter an online challenge, but did not have the time. When I participated in the Crop Out Diabetes On line crop, I found I really enjoyed challenges, and best of all, I got pages done. And so, I have come to realize that I do have time for a challenge and participating will help me get things done.
I started with the Cuttlebug Challenge's Stitch-it-be-inspired challenge. Are you surprised, I would choose to try my first challenge when it involves sewing? LOL! I needed to work on my Christmas card album, I scrap all my family Christmas cards, and as you can see I am behind (2006). I made the blue frame, using my Gypsy and DS and the Black Letter and George Basic Shapes. I am quite happy with this cut file and think it worthy of sharing. Find it here. This file is in the Gypsy format, DS users can open it too! Just change your file format when you are opening the file to the Gypsy format.
Here is my supply list:
Cricut Black Letter Cart
Cricut George Basic Shapes Cart
Blue Cardstock Archivers brand
Red wood grain patterned paper Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses Woodland
Holly patterned paper Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses Snow Globe
Stripe patterned paper Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses Glazed Apple
Provo Craft Cuttlebug Swiss Dot Ribbon Folder
Leaves and berries fuss cut from Basic Grey Dasher Centerpiece patterned paper
Stamps all Close to My Heart include True Friends & Elegant Script
Ink is Close to My Heart White Daisy (Water based ink) & Dutch Blue
Micro pom pom trim, was purchased from an Etsy store I will have to look up.
Thread.
I inked the inside scalloped edges of the cut file using the White Daisy water based ink. I thought it looked more frosted then if I used the pigment based ink. I sewed the micro pom pom trim on using white thread and my zipper foot. I embossed the blue cardstock, one half at a time, being sure to line up the dots so it was longer than the folder length. I then high lighted the Swiss dot pattern with the same CTMH ink. I faux stitched this ribbon like trim, using my Uniball white pen. I adhered the blue frame with trim using pop dots so that the trim would sit well on the page. I placed the ribbon like trim carefully inside the frame and placed my Christmas card on top. I stamped my mini frame using Dutch Blue (stamped off once)on the frame (only). This frame is adhered with pop dots as well. I fussy cut my Dasher paper (Centerpiece). I love mixing my old and new Basic Grey papers in my Christmas pages!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful LO...Glad you decidied to join in with some challenges..great to see you ..
    Thanks for joining in with the Cuttlebug Challenges..look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations
    terrie
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO, and check out those little pom poms!! Love this!!

    Thanks for stitching along with us at cuttlebug challenge blog~ Shantaie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I have some family who almost always send a picture card. Now I have an idea what to do with them. Don't feel bad mine are older than yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout....love the design, colors, and stitching

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails