background

Monday, April 12, 2010

How to use Lace Paper: My Finished Straight from the Nest Lace





I was able to finally cut and scrap this lace paper this weekend. It cut like a dream and I am happy with this 2 page spread. But it reminded me of how hard it was for me to use lace paper when I first started using them. I know that for some of us, it is hard to use such pretty things, for fear of covering them up! So, I will share a few tips for using a lace paper or all over design.
1) Show case one photo
2) Use it for your title
3) Journal around the edges
4) Cover it with Velum and journal on the vellum, so that the pattern shows through
To find the original post with the cut file, click HERE. This uses Straight from the Nest and Plantin Schoolbook. The tree on the left page is also SFTN. The title is made with Base Camp and Opposites Attract. I love the look of this cursive on top of a plain text! It is also a great way to handle a long title. If you ever get a chance to visit the Morton Arboretum, in Lisle IL, the children's garden is outstanding! There is a stream running through it, that the children love to try and block with the rocks. Reminds me of my own childhood.

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [12 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails