background

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Love this Look for Less: 3-D Flowers Continue




So, while scrap lifting myself, I made some errors. First, I did not have all the correct carts in my Jukebox. So, my scallops on the outside of my lace paper did not cut. I realized I could make my own, using my new Stampin Up punches. But, I wasn't careful enough on the first side and had to hide my mis-punch. I decided to try another 3-D flower from SVGcuts to embellish my mistake. This one is from the 3-D Flowers SVG Kit (in the garden section of the store). Don't you LOVE this look for less?! I would have paid $3.99 or more for two Prima flowers, instead, I got 37 flowers, I can cut endlessly, for $5.99! This flower is the begonia. I inked the edges on one flower and sanded the edges on another. I used the glue dots I made myself using the Aileen's Tack It Over and Over.
I also cut the subtitle out of paper too close in color to the title color. To help this standout, I underlined it with a pen in brown. Then, put my A through my Xyron on the wrong side. I glittered the top and then glued it down correctly. I love that my mistakes lead me to beautiful embellishments! And I love that I can make my own gorgeous embellishments on the cheap at any time of day without running to the LSS! I realized when I had glued everything on the page, that I need to make some more flowers and get out my new glitter mist! Oh, there will be no housework done today!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails