background

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Page Ideas for the Marquee Journaling Cut Files



This weekend, I got a chance to scrapbook my marquee journaling cut files, and I thought I would share them. Some things I tried, are the pleated paper, and scrap lifting myself!
My last Paper Crafts Magazine, spot lighted pleated paper. I wanted to try this, so I got out my paper crimper and sewing machine and tried it.
I also tried scraplifting myself. I have a sister with five children who also scrap books. She taught me this trick. I want to make scrapbooks for each of my boys, but how to find the time to scrapbook for them both?! She say, scraplift your own work! So, I used my DS file (top picture) on one 2 page spread, and the SCAL file (bottom picture) on the other. I enjoy doing this, because there are things I love about both pages, and the boys albums are getting done! It also gives me a chance to change things I don't like about a page. For example, I thought the title on my first page was too small, so it it bigger on my second version. On both of these cut files, I assembled the scalloped base and the marquee and then cut them in half. I have not yet journaled because, I finished these in the evening, and have found I make too many errors if I journal at night. Best to do this in the morning!
Paper is Close to My Heart Sweet Home, stamps are Fancy Pants, and Inkadinkado. Information on the Cricut Cartridges, can be found in the original posts with the cut files. Did you notice my title? I made it, by visiting the Field's site and using my Inkscape and SCAL2. I like how the beattle shape in the title is repeated by the trilobite fossile picture on the opposite page. I crimped my CTMH paper and then pleated it, sewing it onto my page with the ribbon from May Arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails