background

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Using Gel Pens for a journaling block


Just this last week I had an idea inspired by a purchased paper (see picture above) for my gel pens and holder for from Amy Chomas. I believe my store bought item was by Bo Bunny (it's glued down). And may I just say, this solves a design problem I have been mulling over for at least a year. I scapbook and want to be better about recording memories on paper. I like my writing and want to use it, but have always wanted to have straight lines that fit journaling blocks. Now, I figured out I can use my gel pens and make any shape and size journaling block with perfect lines! Here is what I did using SCAL2:
1) Created a straight line wider than my journaling block. I wanted my lines to go to the edge of the shape.
2) Copied the lines and pasted repeatedly, so that they were past the top and bottom of my journaling shape.
3) Used the align tool to center them.
4) Grouped them and moved them to assure they fit the top note shape.
5) Swapped my blade for the mini gel pen holder from Amy Chomas and hit cut.
6) Loaded paper a second time and swapped the gel pin holder out (back to the blade). Be sure to check your pressure if you want nice even lines. I actually like to do a test cut, as I am just getting used to these.
7) Cut the top note shape (this portion was originally created my Carla at Scrappedlives) Here is how the lined paper looks cut. To see the lines better, just click on the image.
8) Cut a scalloped top note to go behind the top note.
9) Stamped the edges with Fancy Pants Pollen Dust. Here are my pieces stamped and assembled, awaiting my journaling.

Like this file? Find it HERE in the SCAL2 format only. My Inkscape skills are limited and I do not know how to create this in a svg format. Sorry! I will try and work up a versio for my DS friends in my next post.

4 comments:

  1. Wahoooooooooooooooo GIRL...This turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!! Wonderful job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job, I love it! And it looks store bought!! You go girl! AMy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Mar. 27, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Cutting category today [28 Mar 03:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails