background

Monday, March 18, 2013

Moxie Monday

Whenever Moxie Fab World had a challenge that includes ruffles, I can't resist giving it a try.  I loved this week's Tuesday Trigger challenge called Elegant Emerald.  Maybe it is the fashion designer in me, that recognizes that all those glorious ruffles are cut with a circular ruffle.  I love the color and the touches of gold, so I used this weeks Tuesday Trigger to work up a sympathy card I needed.  Below is the Moxie Fab World inspiration photo.  Notice I pulled out the butterfly on the model's eye and made it a feature in my card.  I cut the ruffles by cutting circles with my Creative Memories cutters with a center circle cut in the middle.  This leaves an O shape about an inch wide.  I clipped into the center and ran terrifically tacky tape along the inside circle.  I then placed the tape along a straight line on the card, and a ruffle is formed.
Supply List
The Robin's Nest Classified Card stock
The Robin's Nest Wave Card Stock
Gingham check ribbon Michaels
Butterfly Wings stamp Close to My Heart
Comforting Thoughts stamp Close to My Heart
Queen and Co bling
Close to My Heart Ink
Glitter Gel Pen

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just darling. Love the ruffles! What a great interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the challenge. The ruffles are gorgeous, as is the whole card. Anyone would be pleased to receive this heart warming card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ruffles, they give so much dimension! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Clare! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails