background

Sunday, November 22, 2015

#CampinCritters is for Christmas Too!

It's been so long since I have posted to the blog, but I had to post this fun project!  Have you ever bought a cartridge for only one cut on the cart?  Well Campin' Critters was my impulse buy for one cut and the one cut I wanted was the backpack with the sleeping bag on top.  Don't worry, I have found I love several more cuts once I got the booklet in my inky little hands!
We're having a Secret Santa exchange at work this year and I needed some special gift boxes.  I wanted my backpack to have a candy cane top instead of a sleeping bag, so I used American Crafts Holiday Red Suit paper for the peppermint roll on top.  I cut white paper to cover the oval, so that the side appeared like a candy. I used sticky Velcro at the seam so, the roll is a gift box too!  I used sticky Velcro in the side pockets and will add a little  Inside I put a roll of mints but it would be perfect for your favorite lip balm too!  Anything Goes challenge at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog.
The backpack body is made with K and Company BW Evergreen paper.  I added ribbon instead of paper straps for the roll, some buttons on the side pockets, a sparkling buckle and American Crafts black velvet ribbon, and a sprig from Michaels.  I am entering this in this weeks Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog's Anything Goes challenge. 
 
Here are some dimensions for you:  I cut the box at 11 3/4" and had to hide some of the straps to fit in on the mat.  My finished backpack portion is 4 3/4" high and 3" x 2 1/2" wide.  With the roll on top the finished height is 6 1/2".  Side pockets are too small for a gift card, but I will put find a little something special to put in them!  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! So creative! Thank you for joining us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok this is just soooo sweet!! I didn't know there was 3D on that cartridge.... I'm going shopping!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at FCCB!! You did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails