background

Friday, April 23, 2010

Just a Simple Card: Update the Look of Your Old Stamps


Today, I am busy making cards. I have learned a new trick, mass production. Well not really mass production, but lately I fill the cardstock on my Cricut DS software and cut 5-6 cards at a time. Then, when I need them they are ready. I have found this important especially for sympathy, get well and thinking of you cards. You never know when you will need them. Try bundling them together in a card kit for the next time you need a project for a crop.
This card is for a Stampin Up friend. She just had a baby boy and I used some old Stampin Up stamps called Cuddles and Tickles. I got this set to make birth announcements 10 years ago. I random stamped the sentiment and the feet for the background paper.
Here are some tips to update those old stamps:
1) Use them to create a patterned paper background and update the look with a current Cricut Cut. Here I used New Arrival.
2) Use them with a new technique or trend. Here I put the baby carriage through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dot folder and inked the dots to match my stamped image. Oh, love Swiss dot!
3) Use updated or timeless trims and embellishments. Ribbon is so timeless!
Hope you like my card.
4) Use current color trends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails