background

Monday, January 2, 2012

A Change of Plans for My Planner 2012






This year when I went to Archivers to get my 2012 planner, they no longer carried my favorite planner. The sales associate showed me one by Pinecone Press and it was pretty enough to me to purchase. The papers are by My Minds Eye. I am still missing my old planner, but hope this years planner will be more of a keepsake for my boys.
My previous planner had drop in page protectors for each month. I would reuse the pages from last years planner when the planner changed. But this year, my pages won't fit size wise or color wise. So I will be scrapping as the year progresses. For January I am using the sketch from Once Upon a Sketch. See the sketch below. Now, my planner page is a bit pre-made. As a matter of fact the kit comes with sketches and supplies to finish the planner. But, even when I take a class or follow a sketch, I like to add my own touches. So, I am straying from the Pinecone Press kit and adapting the Once Upon a Sketch to fit my rectangular page.
To start, I pulled out my French Manor Cricut Cart and cut my clock face. The title is License Plate Stickers by the the Paper Loft, the swirl is Prima, flowers are so old I'm not sure where they're from,and buttons from the stash.


Some things I just can't live without in my planner are the month overview, and a pocket for receipts. So, I made those and added them Pinecone Press, if you could add these next year, I think I could be persuaded to get your kit again!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Great idea! And thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this mini album!
    Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails