Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge with FCCB!
Challenge #95 Mix and Match
Use 3 different patterns of paper
Winner will receive the Funny Valentine stamp set
To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. To join this weeks challenge visit Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog here.
Here are my tips for using three or more patterned papers in a project:
1) Use papers from the same collection. For this page I used Bo-Bunny's Teen Chic paper line.
2) If you use paper from more than one manufacturer, use a single patterned paper for the color scheme and chose papers with a matching color scheme.
3) Use simple patterns such as stripes, dots and checks, or an all over pattern such as the green pattern in frame on this page.
4) Use smaller scale patterns and add larger scales coordinating patterns as accents. See how I fussy cut the flowers from the Bo-Bunny patterned paper and made my own embellishments?
5) Add a neutral. Bo-Bunny already had black (a neutral) in the stripe, and I added some more to help pull the patterned papers together.
Cricut Fontopia Cartridge (Black Frame)
Cricut Ashlyn's Alphabet Cartridge (watermelon)
Cricut Close To My Heart Artiste Cartridge (rolled roses)
Cricut Mother's Day Bouquet (Pink flower with red embellished center)
Cricut George Cartridge (Pink circle)
Art Glitter Black Glitter
Art Glitter Dries Clear Adhesive
Art Glitter Ultra fine Glue tip
Bo-Bunny Teen Chic papers
Zva Creative (small green rhinestones)
Simply Elegant Round Embellishment (center of pink flower)
Creative Memories leaf punch
MonAmiGabby green pearl button
Bazzill Basics Paper flower (black flower)
American Crafts black velvet ribbon