background

Monday, April 4, 2016

Scrapping a Challenge

Every year I scrapbook my families Christmas photo cards.  This year, I struggled with how to scrap by sister's card because of the white metallic portion and the colors of the photo.  So, I took a look at a designer I love and what she did with metallic.  I visited Anna Griffin's paper crafting ideas on Pinterest and found she uses more metallics and paired them with neutrals.  Then I pulled out my Anna Griffin dies and some scrap metallic paper and made some die cuts to fit behind the photo card.  This is another tip from Anna, you don't have to show the whole die cut, so I didn't need a whole piece of silver card stock.  I used scraps and placed the portion of the die that was missing behind the photo. 
Supplies
Anna Griffin die (Silver lace behind card)
Cricut Close To My Heart Artistry & Sophie cartridges (red metallic snowflake and 2015)
Currents (gold & cream butter fly paper)
Piccolo Enamel Powder Adhesive (roll on)
Stampin' Stuff Pirate Gold Embossing Powder
Want 2 Scrap silver pearl embellishments
Karen Foster Sparkle Burst Brads
CTMH brad (lacy brad)
Papertrey Ink Sequin Die
Gold Card stock
Silver Card Stock
Heidi Swapp Metallic Red Paper (Snowflakes & 2015)
Not sure who made the Black card stock with silver dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails