background

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Ink Storage for Ikea Shelving Using Cricut Paper & Cardboard

I love the the Stamp-n-Storage organizers for the Ikea Kallax shelving, but as a Mom on a budget, it is on my Christmas wish list.  So, I am reorganizing my craft room and want all my ink pads on one place.  So after searching Pinterest and see the SVG and Silhouette files I decided to see what I could use in my Cricut cartridges to organize.  I made this organizer with white cardstock, chipboard left over from Creative Memory purchase and adhesive. 
Below you can find the how to's and link to the Design Space file.
This is for an organizer with three boxes on every shelf and 11 shelves high (holds 33 ink pads).

Find the Cricut Design file here.  You will need the Tags Bags, Boxes and More 2 cartridge.  I have sliced the file to take of the top of the box and stretched it to accomodate Stampin' Up Ink pads.

Supplies:
17 Sheets of White Cardstock 12 x 12 
6 Sheets of Chipboard 13 x 13 
Glue or adhesive of choice

Instructions:

  1. Cut 17 sheets (two boxes each) in the White card stock using the Cricut file in the link.
  2. Cut each chipboard into two 13 x 4 3/4" strips.  From the left over card board, cut 4 strips to 4 3/4" x 1".  You will need 12 of the 13" x 4 3/4" and 44 of the 4 3/4" x 1" strips.
  3. Assemble three boxes for each layer of ink pad shelves. 
  4. Mark the center of the 13" x 4 3/4" inch piece of chipboard along the long end and measure out two inches.  Center one of the assembled boxes on the chipboard and glue with your adhesive or liquid glue.
  5. Glue 1" x 4 3/4" strips at the sides of the box for ink storage.
  6. Glue on another ink storage on each side of the center box, being sure to face the box opening and boxes in the same direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails