background

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Basic Grey Stitching Challenge


I have discovered a new challenge blog, I wanted to try: Basic Grey Challenges Blog. First, it has BG, which I love and then the prizes are from Simon Says Stamps, which I love and have ordered from before. The challenge this time is stitching. Also, it gave me an excuse to know off another file from a cartridge I cannot afford now, Lovely Floral:

HERE is the Cut file. You will need Home Decor and Mothers Day for this cut file.If you care for this enough to download, I would love your comments!

Below is a close up of the stitching. I wanted to make a zig zag that hit the peaks and valleys of my scalloped circle. To get this look, I hand poked my holes, and hand stitched the thread. I know, you are thinking I have too much time on my hands, but it relaxes me to stitch a small project.
I used a stamp set by Inkadinkadoo called Personalized Expressions, Thank You. The paper is Basic Grey Fusion, the white lace trim is from my cut file in a previous post and is a knock of a BG trim.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Clare,
    Just wanted to stop over and say hi, and to drop off the best virtual chocolate chip cookies ever!! They're totally calorie free!!!!
    I hope all is well and you are having a great day!

    Take care and God Bless,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, great colours and amazing main element. What patience you have to do all that fantastic stitching by hand.
    So happy you could join us at Basic Grey.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great file. Thank you for sharing your efforts.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails