background

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Two Tips for Tuesday

Today I am sharing two tips for Tuesday:  recycle stained clothing and customize white embellishments to match your page!  So, let's get started?  What do you do with your stained clothing?  Well, I loved this Iscaac Mizrahi blouse, but spilled coffee on it and missed treating it when it was washed.  So, rather than discard the blouse with the pretty ruffle, I cut it off and added it to a scrapbook page.  To finish the raw edges, I ran it through my serger.

I also used Terri Sproul Mixers to customize some white embellishments to match.  Everyone is coloring their rhinestones and pearls with Copic markers, but there are some surfaces where they don't work well.  So, I used Terri Sproul mixers to make a cream ribbon rose a pink ribbon rose.  I also, had a  glitter embellishment that I used Terri's mixers on and I love that I have multiple textures with the same shade of pink!
Supplies 
Pink Paisley Flower Blooms
Pink Paisley Green Acres
Jolee's Boutique White Flowers (Pink ribbon rose)
Terri Sprouls Mixers Rose Pearl (by Sakura)
Anna Griffin Peyton Collection (Pink word)
Anna Griffin green rose
Heidi Swapp Remember stamp
Green Elephant (unknown)
The Robin's Nest Fresh Mowed Grass Dew Drops
Prima Flower (Hot Pink Daisy)
Re-embroidered Lace
Art Glitter Faux Snow
Recollections  flowers (sm pink)
Button

8 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails