background

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Have Your Own Color Challenge

I am a serious paper crafter, but sometimes I miss the rhythm and the soothing quality of crochet.  So, this weekend I wanted to crochet on some Anna Griffin.  I started with the Anna Griffin Nifty Nested Layers. This was another very generous AG kit.  So, I was looking for a way to make a new look with the Nifty Nested Layer, and decided to use crochet.  I learned this technique years ago from Lolly Chops, and you actually do a blanket stitch first and then crochet around the blanket stitch.  I used a fringe yarn, because I love the look. 

After the crochet, I took a look through my other Anna Griffin products and found the flocked paper base, the die cut lace, the foil paper in the border of the lace paper, the journaling die, and even a border sticker.  I could not get over that border sticker and how it pulled the whole page together!  It was the only border sticker in that pack I thought I would never use.  I saw it and thought of those 70's kitchens with the yellow counters and appliances.  It is a beautiful if color, you just have to use it sparingly!

So, I would like to encourage you to get out that yellow trim, or photo and scrap it with some beautiful blue and brown and Anna Griffin!  Just keep the yellow to a minimum, make blue your main color, then brown and yellow last.  It's that old addage, Gallon, Quart, Pint proportion rule applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails