background

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Recession Retro Create Cover





Well, I finally finished my Recession Retro Create Cover. I made a series of three sketches for Cricut covers with organza ruffles, all inspired by 1930 Recession fashion. I know, I have problems! I started the first and realized that hemming organza was going to place this cover out of my price point range. Boy, hemming organza is labor intensive. So, I have finished it, and it will be a one of a kind! If you like it, you may want to act fast, I have had items sell in less than an hour on Etsy and I will not make this style ruffle again. Not to worry if you like the Lilly Pond fabric by In the Beginning fabrics, I still have more ideas to make another recession retro look.
I did not want to cover up Wendy Slotboom's beautiful fabric, so instead, I added a few beads. Wish my camera could get in closer and focus! I also wish you could see the fabrics in person. Photos never seem to do color justice, weather you are photographing paper or fabric. I am so happy with this cover and the shirtwaist looking stripe, the pretty details and the feminine look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails