background

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Win a Cricut or All 4 New Cartridges! Contest Closed

Found this contest this morning and it is too good to pass up! So, here it is:

This is contest entry for those crazy folks at TodaysMama and Cricut. Be sure to check out Cricut's cool new cartridges and the chance at $30,000 in travel for you and your friends at the Great Gypsy Escape site (this is a separate contest from the machine one listed above and below)!
According to the rules you must copy the bold text below and answer the questions on your blog and then send a link to your post via email to info@todaysmama.com with "Cricut Meme" in the subject line.

Winners may choose a Cricut Machine or all four of the newly released cartridges - I'd love that. You have to copy all of the text below and post the answers to the questions on your blog - so here goes:


Great Escape Meme
1. If you could escape to anywhere in the world where would it be?
2. What song do you play when you are by yourself in the car?
3. If you had a night to yourself, and money was no object, what would you do?
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
5. What is the farthest place you have traveled away from your home?
6. Last book that you couldn't put down?
7. When you want to escape into another time, what movie do you watch?
8. What is your favorite local escape?
9. How do you escape on a budget?
Best food you've ever had while on vacation.



Here are my answers:

1. If you could escape to anywhere in the world where would it be?I know Diane from Capadia listed Hawaii, and I would choose it too, Hawaii!

2. What song do you play when you are by yourself in the car?Lately, it is anything from Rascal Flatt's greatest hits.


3. If you had a night to yourself, and money was no object, what would you do?
I would have to say, a scrapbooking event for all my sisters and friends with a designer hostess with mega talent to do a make and take. Hmmm...who would I choose as hostess? So many talented designers, Annabell from Bits and Pieces, Penny Duncan with Penny Duncan Creations, Christine Middlecamp, or Kazan Clark from NuNu Toodles. There are so many talented artists to choose, you sure we can't make it a weekend event?

4. What is your guilty pleasure?Scrapbooking supplies, especially Cricut Cartridges!

5. What is the farthest place you have traveled away from your home?Hong Kong, China

6. Last book that you couldn't put down? The Tomorrow Code by Brian Falkner. You will find this in the young adult section. I still read to my soon to be 10 year old, this in one we read together. Makes me thankful for an opportunity to read good books that have been published in this category since I was a teen, and I wonder what I am missing. Keep on reading to them, no matter their age!

7. When you want to escape into another time, what movie do you watch
My favorite movie is Independence Day. I think I like the idea that humans can use their brains to conquer an overwhelming force.

8. What is your favorite local escape?Slammer Crop in Aledo Illinois. This crop is put together by Mandi Andersen, and held at an old county jail, now a B & B. She has wonderful challenges, themes and goodies. We actually ate our meals in the cells. Oh, and the price is so great, it could also be listed in my escape on a budget.
9. How do you escape on a budget? My scrapbooking guild: www.scrapguildillinois.com. I get 15 meetings with speakers, make and takes, and open crops once a month, one free crop and discounts on paid crops. All that for $15.00 a year.

Best food you've ever had while on vacation. Potato hash browns, made with Caraway seeds in a restaurant in Austria.

Good luck! Oh, and if you win, drop me a note on the comment section of this post. I would love to here about someone's good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails