background

Monday, May 24, 2010

A Circular Frame for the Lego Lover Page!




In this economy it is hard to keep up with the Jones'. And I feel the pressure when birthday parties are held. So, my strategy has been to have a big party for my children when they are one, five, ten, and sixteen. On other birthdays they may have as many friends to their birthday parties as Mom can fit in her car and we do an activity out of the house.
On my son's fifth birthday, he wanted a Lego party. So, I made a cake with cupcakes on the top to look like a Lego brick. Boy, I could of used that Cricut Cake! I am a bit challenged with frosting! And gave the boys a Lego set instead of goodie bags. It was the middle of January, so we watched the Bionicle movie and had a Lego scavenger hunt. I made a list of pieced they had to find. For example, a Star Wars Lego piece, a 2 x 2 white brick, a Lego with writing on it, a red Lego any size ,etc. We spread out a sheet and dumped all our Legos. They had 15 minutes and had to find all the pieces. When they were done, we just picked up the corners of the sheet and dumped it. It was not a big party, by some standards, but it was the party my son wanted and big in his eyes. He even liked his cake, bless his heart!
So, I have scrapped this page, and I wanted a Lego look, but not necessarily a Lego brick. So, I made this cut file and am sharing it. Here is my cut file in the Gypsy format.You will need George, Basic Shapes. The cut file has only the red frame. To get the white mat, behind the frame, you will need the Easter Cartridge and the motif is cut at 6". I also, used actual Legos instead of bling on the white mat. Title is Black Letter. I wonder how long it will be before my boys notice that the tail lights are missing from all of their Lego cars?

My second page I am sharing for inspiration. I cut the scalloped border and letters all using Mini Monograms, but did not save the cut file. All the paper is Close to My Heart. I thought the circle border and scallops all repeated the Lego theme.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails