Friday, February 10, 2012
Sexy Sirens Blog Hop
Welcome to the Sexy Siren's Blog Hop! You should've arrived here from Sherry's blog. The hostess for the blog hop is Dena at missdjones.blogspot.com and the sponsor is Kenny K. Downloads.com. There is blog candy for the hop: a gift certificate for the Kenny K Downlaods shop for 5 digi downloads. To be eligible to win, you must, comment on each of the blogs in the hop. You will get one entry per day if you comment on Day One's posts as well as Day Two's posts. You do not have to become a follower on each blog, but it sure would be nice if you did ! You MUST include an email address where you can be contacted should you win. The winner will be notified by February 20, 2012 via email. Winner must respond no later than 3 days after being notified. Otherwise, a second winner will be selected.
My project is made with the Cricut Cartridge Love Struck. I welded the blackout heart to the cut out heart to form the card. Behind the cut out I put a piece of red cardstock. I then embellished the cut out with some bling and stickles. I love that the red stickles look like teeny tiny bling!
For the inside of the card, I used the Kenny D. "Pitstop Penny" image. This image was for my hubbies eyes only, so inside the card it went. This is a great way to use a sexy image, and still feel comfortable with who sees it. I must confess, that I am new to digis and to Copic markers! Here are some things I loved about using a digi image, it did not run when colored with Copics. If you stamp and use Copics, you must use Momento's ink to prevent smearing, but I think the printer ink was even better! And I loved that I could print out as many copies as I need to practice my Copic coloring technique. I used the following Copic colors:
E00 Skin White, R20 Blush, E13 Light Suntan, E0000 Floral White (Penny's skin)
R29 Lipstick Red R 27 Cadmium Red, E0000 Floral White (Penny's Outfit)
E29 Burnt Umber, E49 Dark Brown, 100 Black
Your next stop on the hop is Haidee's blog and I have listed the other stops below in case you get lost!
Here are the stops on the hop:
1) Dena : http://missdjones.blogspot.com/
2) Lynne : http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
3) Ashley ; http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com
4) Zenita : http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com
5) Gill http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com
6) Jamie : http://myamusinglife.blogspot.com
7) Jen : http://www.expressivelyme.blogspot.com
8) Jill: http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/
10) Clare: http://www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE
13) Lisa L: http://craftylam.blogspot.com
14) Amber J: http://pixiperfectcreations.blogspot.com/
15) Cely : http://hawaiipaperparty.blogspot.com/