background

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

#Howtowearthetraditionalboot: Trendy Tuesday

Do you look at fabulous boots and wonder how to wear them?  Well this week I am talking all about the fabulous boot trends for Fall/Winter and how to wear them!  Along with that I am talking about styling resources for your questions, like "How to wear a boot?"   The four major boot trends for this Fall/Winter are:
1)  The over the knee boot.
2)  The below the knee boot.
3)  The bootie.
4)  The rain boot.
I started this post and realized that it was getting long, so each day I will focus on one boot trend.  Today's boot is below the knee.  The below the knee boot has classic timeless style and great coverage and protection from the elements.  It is not as expensive as the above the knee boot, but generally more expensive than the bootie.
So, let's get started on how do you wear the below the knee boot.
1)  The below the knee boot:  Pair with slim pants, leggings, skinny jeans, shorts or above the knee skirts.
2)  Wear with slim dresses that fall above the knee, such as the shift dress, shirt dress, body concious dress.
3)  To style with shorts, add tights in the same color as the short and the boot to keep the look long (like the photo above).

Now where do to find information on how to style with boots?
1)  Contact your fashion stylist!  That's me at Keaton Row here.
2)  Fashion magazines, and trend reports
3)  Pinterest is a great source, just visit the site and search for "How to Wear the Boot."  Look for boards, or pins!    I made my own "How to Wear the Boot Board"  Start your own Pinterest boards with styling trends or follow me on Pinterest.  I will be adding this type of board for my Keaton Row Clients now that my boys are headed back to school and I have more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails