background

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Something New with My Anna Griffin Planner



I recently stumbled across a blog with ideas from customizing your planner and loved a fold out pocket page that it had so much I wanted to make my own.  You can see the inspiration page below. 


The inspiration pocket page had holes punched in the left side and was clipped so that it could be put into the binder rings.  I wanted my page and Anna Griffin paper to last and chose not to put those holes in mine.

I started with Anna' Gracious Giftables Cricut Cartridge and sized up the pockets to be 8 1/2" tall and 5 1/2" wide.  One side needed no editing when I scaled it up and the other needed a rectangle welded to get the finished size.  I also cut a rectangle to attach my pieces.  To get the size page I wanted I had to cut this with a 24" mat and cut one piece at a time so that the second page was not cut short.  I actually delete one side and cut the other.  The file will still want a 24 inch mat but cuts a 12 x 12 page.

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog is having a Something New Challenge #317, and this is the first time I have had a chance to use Anna's Gracious Giftables.  I love that I have another use for this cartridge than gift giving!  And this idea would be fabulous for a mini album too.  If you would like the file for your AG planner here it is.  

Since I cut a one sided pattern paper, I created a pocket liner paper using some printed paper in Design Studio and some Anna Griffin flowers.  I just flattened the flowers on the paper and printed them on some Avery large labels.  It made great stickers that were flatter than printing on paper.



On top of the pocket pages, I cut pockets with Anna Griffin Holiday pocket dies.  I have discovered the joy of die cutting lately.  I love the dimension of embossed dies!

Supplies
Anna Griffin Pocket Dies
Cricut Design Space
Avery Large Mailing labels
Printer
Gold Washi Tape
Anna Griffin Card Kit  (flowers, flourishes and butterfly)





1 comment:

  1. Wow, beautiful! Love this project! Thank you for joining us at FCCB! Blessings, Jamie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails