background

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Thankful Thursday: Children's Books Worthy of Adult Reading


As a parent I had the privileged of reading to my children and discovering new books and authors I love.  However, my boys are 19 and 15 and the days of reading to them has gone.  So, I am so thankful for my job as an elementary school librarian paraprofessional.  I am once again reading children's books that I love and might never have found had I not started reading books in the North School catalog.
So today I am sharing some of my favorite fantasy young adult and early childhood books I have read this year that I think adults will enjoy too!  So, I encourage you to check these books out and read them aloud to your children!

"The Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman.  Listed as young adult fantasy, this is not a genre I favored in the past, but books like this are giving me a new fondness for the genre and plenty of new material.  

"The Blackthorn Key" by Kevin Sands.  I would describe this as a historical fiction mystery, with a fantasy flair.  I couldn't put it down and as the mother of boys I so enjoyed and understood the trouble Christopher got himself into.



"Powerless" by Matthew Cody.  A Caudill award winner 2012, this was a book I couldn't put down.  What would happen if children has superpowers, but lost them when they turned 13 and forgot they ever had them?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails