background

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Word Wednesday: If I only had time or More Volunteers!

My creative brain often goes faster than my body.  On top of my creativity, I subscribe to media that I believe will help me be a better librarian that provide more ideas to make the library a fun place to be and a destination for our students. I also have some very involved parent volunteers who make suggestions.  I would love to implement this suggestion, but have no time. So, often ideas I would love to implement, go on the Pinterest board for another day.  
Here is an idea I would love to implement and it would only take a volunteer a few minutes each week to choose a word and change a board with the word and it's definition.  Parents, get involved in your school library with something that you are passionate about in small ways!  You will:

  1. Show your child that reading is important and a priority for you!
  2. You can teach your child the importance of volunteering.
  3. You can get to know your school librarian and teachers while you volunteer.
School librarians, need help with shelving, book fairs, bulletin boards, displaying books, helping students find books and so much more.  Just contact your school librarian and see how you can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails