background

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Dress Form Christmas Tree with Quarter Scale Form


Last year I saw a beautiful dress form Christmas tree on Facebook and knew what I wanted to do with a quarter scale dress form I have had for years and used as a door stop.  I started this dress form tree project, by gluing buttons, dew drops and other embellishments to the bodice area with a low temp glue gun.  I added evergreen picks from Michaels with a staple gun.  Below you can see the work in progress in my crafting space.

To transition from the picks to the waistline, I used some red petals I got from Mon Ami Gabby and a velvet ribbon from American crafts.   I love the fairy quality of these petals!   I used a rhinestone buckle at the center front of the ribbon.  


To help fill in gaps in the "skirt" portion, I added some holly leaves I cut with my Cricut Winter Woodland cartridge, more petals, and some JoAnn Fabrics 6" organza ribbon.  I added some scrap ribbon, and a poinsettia with more pick embellishments from Michaels as well.  On the evergreen picks I glued a few roses by Recollections.



Another close look at the neckline detail.  I can't remember where I got these pretty stick pins!  Can you see the red and white stick pins?  Love them!


I made this for my niece because I want her to have a special Christmas tree from her Auntie!  Her nickname is La Princesa, so I felt I could make a fairy tale dress for my fairy tale niece!  So, she had to have a bustle right?!


A side view of the bustle.  

I love this project so much I want one for myself!  I went on ebay and found some 1/2 scale dress forms.  Well, that's out of the budget, sigh!  I will begin the garage sale hunt next Spring!  I feel like I just finished an unconventional challenge on Project Runway!  



Supplies 
Quarter Scale Dress Form
The Robin's Nest Dew Drops
Mon Ami Gabby embellishments
Buttons
Glue Gun
Staple Gun
Michaels Evergreen Picks
Joanns 6" Organza Ribbon
Recollections Boutique Fleur Rose
Recollection Poinsettia
American Crafts Velvet Ribbon
Cricut Winter Woodland Holly Leaf
Mon Ami Gabi Flower Petals



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails