background

Monday, November 14, 2016

Save Thanksgiving and Stretch Your Seasonal Decorations!

My favorite holiday has long been Thanksgiving.  It has family and food and no stress for me (when I'm not hosting).  And even if I host Thanksgiving, it does not have the added stress of gift buying and wrapping that Christmas does.  I also love the message of being thankful for what I have now, for family, friends, life and so much more!  So, it bothers me that retailers open Thanksgiving night and I refuse to go out and shop!
I like to wait to decorate for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving.  But the weather can be too cold for outside decorating after Thanksgiving.


So this year, I have started by hanging my door garland, and giving it a Thanksgiving wrap.  I also added a sign cut with my Cricut.  So, I am entering this in the Fantabulous Cricut Blog #289:  Autumn.   I used a cut from Rad and Happy called Thankful Banner.  I ungrouped the cut and hid some contours to cut a mat layer.  I glued both layers to chip board and punched 2 holes.  After Thanksgiving, I 'll take down the garland, take off the Thanksgiving flair, and add a red ribbon, some floral picks and a Merry Christmas sign made with my Cricut.


3 comments:

  1. Oh thats awesome!! Beautiful work!! I love all the lights in there!!!
    Thanks for playing at FCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how beautiful! What a smart and charming idea. I love it. Thanks for joining us at fantabulous cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Thanksgiving too, and I love your wonderful banner! So creative! Thanks so much for joining us for the FCCB challenge this week! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails