background

Monday, August 1, 2016

August with Anna Celebration Day 1

I am a serious Anna Griffin fan, and hope to one day attend her Create event.  It was not in the budget this year, so I decided to create my own Anna event and spend August with Anna on my blog.  So, this August, I hope to share a little crafty item every day with some Anna Griffin product. I thought I might start my August with Anna event with a celebration idea.  Use these wine glass doilies at your next event, or bring them as a gift for the hostess of your next visit in the pretty gift box!  I cut a set of eight to fit in the gift box to take with a bottle of wine to a friends house.
For the doily, I used a Anna's Elegant Embellishments cart.  I used one of the mat layers because the top layer would have been too delicate for this size.  Finished doily is 2 3/4' big.  I welded a triangle from another Cricut cartridge so the guests can write their name on their own wine glass doily.  I added a circle in the middle to allow for the wine glass stem and hand cut a line from center to the edge in the triangle, so the doily can be inserted over the glass stem.  And if you're like me, you have cut a 12 x 12 sheet down to make A2 cards and you saved the scraps.  Pull them out for this project, they're perfect!
For the hostess gift set, I cut a box from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More and cut a circle to show case Anna's Doilies.  I backed the window with a piece of Art Glitter Transparency Sheets.  I embellished the box with some CTMH ribbon and Anna Griffin flower dies left over from her very generous card kits!  The paper in this set is made by The Robin's Nest and is one of my all time favorite papers!

Supplies
White Card Stock
Anna Griffin Elegant Embellishments Cricut Cartridge
Teresa Collin's Triangle Banner Cartridge (triangle wedge welded with AG doily)
Tags, Bags, Boxes and More
Anna Griffin Die Cuts (from Card kit)
The Robin's Nest Fleur Blue Paper
CTMH Ribbon
Pop Dots
Want2Scrap Bling
Art Glitter Transparency Sheet

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails