background

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Happy National Coloring Book Day!

Happy National Coloring Book day!  Have you jumped on the coloring book bandwagon?  While I love creating and all things paper, I just have not tried this, so today's the day.  I struggle with the amount of time I would spend coloring and would want to save every piece and some how show case them.  But there are a few things I want to try this technique on:   scrapbook pages and cards!
So, today I am sharing a page I scrapped for my Anna Griffin Planner/Quotes to Live By Album.  I am scrapping my planner monthly cover pages to use them later in a Quotes to Live By Album.  Here is the quote on this page, "  The important thing is not so much that every child should be taught, as that every child should be given the wish to learn.  Sir John Lubbock."  I hope as a parent, I can foster this desire to learn their entire lives!
Wondering how I chose my colors?  Well, I let Anna Griffin's planner inspire me!  I worked to have two shades of pink in one petal, I worked to have the contrast of the green and pink or red, and I added some yellow to pull in the yellow and white paper.  And don't forget to use white as a color!  To go with the learning quote I added a caterpillar and a butterfly sticker.
And for those of you following my August with Anna posts, Anna Griffin has a coloring book too!  You can find it here.  

Supplies
Anna Griffin Planner
Anna Griffin Patterned paper
Mindful Mandala 6" x 6" Sheet (Craft Smith)
Reminisce Butterfly Stickers
Copic Markers
Zig Markers
Quote may be from JoAnns

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails