background

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blue Tuesday Trigger


Just posting my next Tuesday Trigger from the Moxie Fab World Blog. This weeks trigger is Blue, my favorite color and here is the inspiration photo.

I have always thought it was such a happy color and love the combination of rich royal and white! Ths week, I visited one of my favorite fabric blogs: Anna Maria Horner and knew I had to work this idea into my Tuesday Trigger! She designs quilt fabric and quilt patterns and I saw a picture of the most beautiful quilt called Gathering Flowers (pattern coming soon).
I so wanted to try this look in my paper crafting, but gathering fabric is so much easier than paper! So, I pulled out my satin ribbon and used the quilt to inspired my Tuesday Trigger entry. I cut a circle in my card front. Sewed a seam in my 12" piece of ribbon and ran a gathering stitch on one side. This formed a loop of ribbon. I stitched the ribbon to the circle opening, and gathered the inside edge and tied a not to hold it in place. I punched my petals with my Martha Stewart scalloped circle and cut them in half and just glued them on top. I also used my Swiss Dot cuttlebug folder and a stamp set by Clear Art Stamps, called Sew Special. Here is a close up view of the gathered ribbon, isn't it pretty!
Can't wait for Anna's pattern! Now where to put such a girly quilt in my house of men and boys?!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute card Clare!! Your flower is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gathering paper, sounds like quite a challenge, I like your satin flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Clare! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails