background

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Moxie Fab World Challenge: Zippers!



So, this World Challenge from Moxie Fab World is zippers! Oh yummy! You will need to visit Moxie Fab World even if you don't like challenges to see these beautiful creations with zippers. I knew I had to try this challenge, and even got out the wool and zippers to try my hand a the look by Woolyfabulous. But, I wasn't happy with my results and took a break. Then I got a catalog from Chico's and knew I wanted a zipper bow! Chicos and an over the top ribbon broach with lot of bling.
Here I scrapped my niece's 1st Holy Communion. Not a very good picture, but the only one I have of her in her Communion dress! She is such a tom boy and was anxious to change after church. By the time I took this photo, umpteen other relatives had made her pose for pictures. Such an important event, and wonderful girl I had to scrap it. So, then I had to try and distract people from the drain spout in the picture, so I really went overboard with embellies.
How did I get my zipper bow? Well I opened the zipper, cut off the ends and overlapped both sides so that the zipper teeth became the border on my bow. I topstitched a cream satin ribbon on top and added a button and a bit more ribbon. Something about this bow reminds me of my Mother's wedding dress fabric. So, I am happy to use it on a page for family too! Wouldn't this bow look great on a card too?
Supplies Used:
K & Company Silhouttes (Fall Orange Lace Paper)
Heidi Grace Winnefred St. Paper (Green and Brown printed paper)
Close to My Heart Flourish Blessings (Orange Leaf Stamp)
Cricut Heritage and Accent Essentials Cartridges (Bird)
Cricut Gypsy Font (Believe)
Want2Scrap Bling and pearls
Zipper
Fiskars Lil Davis Sentiments stamp (journaling block)
SCAL 2 Fancy frame (green and brown photo mat)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO Clare!! Love the zipper bow!! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Clare! Thanks for entering the All Zipped Up! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you had the moxie to play along! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails