background

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Tuesday Treat: Maple Pumpkin Butter


For the past few years I have made a batch of Maple Pumpkin Butter and given it to my children's teachers for Thanksgiving. Along with the Maple Pumpkin Butter, I usually make a card saying how thankful we are for them. Here is a photo of this years jar. I used my Tim Holtz Rosette, my Stampin Up Carved & Candlelit stamp set and some ribbon from Michaels. I did not have a pumpkin stamp that would fit inside my circle, so I used a portion of the image and wrote my title by hand.
The recipe is from the Parade magazine that you find in you Sunday paper and is a few years old.
Maple Pumpkin Butter
Ingredients
29 oz Pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
3/4 c Brown Sugar
3/4 c Apple Cider
3/4 c Maple Syrup
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp Ginger
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients and put in a large heavy oven and stove proof casserole. Cook over med-low heat on stove top to boil. Reduce to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring during the entire cooking process. Slide casserole into oven and cook. Stir every 15 minutes with a total cook time of 1 1/2 to 2 hours. This is great for getting a squash into your picky eaters too! You will love how the house smells! Cool and refrigerate. Will keep one week in the fridge.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails