background

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Work the Stash Wednesday! Fabric & Garland



I had so much fun with my last Work the Stash Wednesday that I decided to do it again! This time I worked on a Santa page & am submiting it to a new challenge blog I found ABC DT Challenge. So, we all have stashes, what's the big deal? My goal was to use items older than a year, for which I did not have a scrap booking use and include sewing so I could enter the challenge. From my stash I pulled the red felt in the flower, the pink organza in the scallops (inside the circle) and the red star garland.
How did I make the scallops? Well I got out my Sizzix Circle dies and cut up a bunch of circles. I folded them in half and basted a stitch along the raw edge about 1/4" away from the edge.
I pulled the stitch to gather the thread, so that it was about an inch long and tied a knot.
I then glued them to my circle with my hot glue gun.

The felt flower was made with my Heartfelt Creations Dies and Stamps. I cut the felt with the die. Stamped the felt with some black Staz On, covered the stamped lines with liquid glass and sprinkled it with Martha Stewart red glitter. I then beaded the center.

Here's my list of supplies:
Patterned paper K & Company
Circle cut with George Basic Shapes
Swirls cut with Scal 2
Poinsettia multi colored flowers K & Company
Stickles in center of poinsettia
Spellbinder Nestabilites Blossom Two Heartfelt Creations Die
Heartfelt Creations Innoscents Flower 1 PreCut Set stamp
Liquid Glass
Martha Stewart Glitter
Organza
Sizzix Circle Die
Santa Claus Title Cricut Christmas Cartridge
Bling Queen and Co

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL..the scallops look so pretty and great use of the star garland too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative interpretation of the "SEW Special" Challenge over at ABC Toys & Crafts. Thank you for joining us and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! So beautiful! Love your addition of the fabric and the way you created those scallops. Super, super cute! Thanks so much for playing with us at ABC Toys & Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning. what great details! Thanks for playing at ABC Toys & Crafts!
    Jacilynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful job!!! I love this and love your addition of ribbon scallops :)

    Thank you for joining us at ABC Toys and Crafts!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails