background

Friday, November 19, 2010

December Daily 2011



I saw the December Daily album in my latest Scrapbooks Etc and loved the idea. It has two of my obsessions in it, scrap booking and a calendar! I have a planner addiction. So, I thought on it a while and decided that it would be fun to do this year. My children will only be young for so long and Christmas is so magically to them still. So, why not journal about it?
Above is my base page, find more examples here. I used my Autumn Leaves "Messy Dates" and created the rest of the page from Ali's design with my own Microsoft word.
Another reason this appeals to me, is that I want to be more diligent in teaching my children about my faith. Christmas is the perfect time to do so! So, I have also decided to handle it like my summer schedule. I will have a theme for each day:
Make it Monday: Make gifts, holiday foods, etc.
Try it Tuesday: Make and try holiday foods like Stolen, green bean casserole, etc.
Why Wednesday: Talk with the boys about why I believe, why we have certain traditions, etc. December 1st is a Wednesday, and I have the luxury of scrapping the back of my December Daily cover to fit my Wednesday theme, "Why!" I save old Christmas cards and recycle them into gift tags, cards, and scrapbook pages. The picture at the top of the post is created from a card I saved.
Think About it Thursday: Work with the boys to think of others in need at this time of year and how we can help.
Family Friday: Time for just family game night or special event
Savior Saturday: while the Christmas season is magical, it is not the center of the Christian faith. I want to remind my children of the importance of the rest of the story! What happened on Good Friday, and Easter!
Scripture Sunday: Share parts of the story from the bible to correlate with Church services.
Above is my base page, find more examples here.

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea of breaking up the season into daily themes.....thank u for your sweet comment on blog!! I love ur etsy items!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails