background

Saturday, November 27, 2010

December Daily Updates


I have been making a few additions to my December Daily Album. This is a project that Ali Edwards does every year, and this year Scrapbooks Etc. is on board. They've started a online December Daily project, where you can see Ali's DD and every other scrapper who has shared a link. There are many wonderful ideas out there. Some of the ideas I incorporated are the lace card stock on overheads, and clear page pockets. I used some lace card stock to cover a sticker protector sheet that I cut up, and filled it with recipes that we will use on Make Mondays. One son wants Rice Krispie Wreaths and the other some Ginger cookies Grandmas makes.

I have also made an envelop to hold this years Christmas card. I am so excited about our card this year! My six year old entered a contest at the YMCA over the summer and he won!
His card, pictured above, (along with 4 others) has been published and is for sale! Funds raised go to benefit the Voluntary Action Center of DeKalb, which brings meals on wheels to all the local home bound. So, I skipped our usual picture card and am sending these this year. I created an envelope out of heavy card stock in the same paper line as my DD cover and added some circles and eyelets so that we could wrap and close the envelop and open to look at the card. I journaled on the back and added a tab punched out at the side.
I added some stamped images, Mary and Jesus on Christmas is a Close to My Heart set I used a crop that belongs to a friend (don't know the name of the set). The damask image is Inkadinkadoo.

I will be working on some Cricut cuts for the DD next. I would like a snowflake for the first snowfall (usually by December 6th around here). And will look through my Christmas cart for more inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails