background

Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Martha Stewart Iron Gate Christmas Tree



I keep seeing the paper Christmas Trees, first on Lolly Chessies blog and then in the Scrapbooks Etc. I so wanted to make one. This week, I found a paper mache tree at my local Michaels and snapped it up. Got home and began to ponder on my version. I realized that I could use my Martha Stewart Iron Gate Punch around the page set to make my tree.
To get this look, I cut lots of 1 1/2" squares and used the Iron Gate corner punch. Then the straight edge punch to finish the edges. I glued these about 1/3 of the way up the tree and then used smaller squares. The next 2/3's of the tree were done with 1 1/4" squares. When I was all done gluing, I used my Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.
I love how this tree captures the beauty and delicacy of a fresh fallen snow! I have an ivory ceramic Christmas tree with white lights that I snagged at a garage sale for $9.00 that I am going to group it with. I think I just need one more tree for the grouping. Off to hunt for a smaller paper machee tree!

6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Clare this is awesome!! Great use of that punch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW that is AMAZING!!!!!! Fantastic job ma'am!!!! VERY impressed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! This is just so FABULOUS! LOVE the added detail with the MS punch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS Tree!! Add a tiny paper angel to the top and what a beauty on a table top!!! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WOW! I totally love this to pieces and I sooo have that punch!! WAY TO WORK IT GIRL! hahaha! MEGA TREE HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails